The United Republic of Tanzania has published a new job (mpyaajira) advertised for the new vacancies at Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) using ajira portal. According to the current Vacancy Announcement, there are a total 99 vacant post of Electrical Technician, Drivers, Artisan, etc.. Hence the TANESCO invites dynamic, suitably qualified and Tanzanians to fill 99 vacant posts
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is a parastatal organization under the Ministry of Energy. The Company generates, transmits, distributes and sells electricity to Tanzania Mainland and sells bulk power to the Zanzibar Electricity Corporation (ZECO) which in turn sells it to the public in islands_ Unguja and Pemba. TANESCO owns most of the electricity Generating, Transmitting and Distributing facilities in Tanzania Mainland.
The German colonialists established the first public electricity supply in Tanzania (which was then called Tanganyika) in 1908 at Dar es Salaam. It served the railway workshops and a part of the town where the colonialists were mostly staying. When the Tanganyika territory was mandated to Great Britain in 1920, a Government Electricity Department was formed to take over and operate the public supplies left by the Germans.
TANESCO Job Vacancy 2019
- Date of Publish: 10 May 2019
- Application deadline: fourteen (14) working days for date Of Published
- Organization Type: Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO)
- Jobs Type: nafasi za kaziserikalini
- Job Location: DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania
- Qualification: Ordinary Diploma/Full Technician Certificate in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Technical Institution. Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized learning Institution. Ordinary Diploma in Electrical/Civil Engineering from recognized learning Institute & Bachelor Degree in Instrumentation and Control or Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a recognized University & Ordinary Diploma in Instrumentation and Control or Electrical and Electronic Engineering/FTC from a recognized Institution & Trade Test in Instrumentation and Control or Electrical and Electronic Engineering/FTC from a recognized Institution. (More Details Please Check the Advt.).
Name of Post:
- Electrical Technician – System Operator 30 Posts
- Mechanical Technician 04 Posts
- Air Conditioners and Refrigeration Technician 1 Posts
- Electrical Technician – Transmission Line 02 Posts
- Electrical Technician – 02 Posts
- Engineer – Control and Instrumentation – 1 Posts
- Technician – Control And Instrumental – 2 Posts
- Artisan – Control and Instrumentation – 2 Posts
- Artisan – System Operator (15 Posts)
- Artisan – Transmission Lines (10 Posts)
- Drivers (30 Posts)
How to Apply for the jobs
- Qualified and interested candidate may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the company.
- All Applications must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contacts of three (3) referees.
- Application letters should clearly state the candidate’s name, secondary examination index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
- First appearance is 10 May 2019.
- Deadline for submission of applications is fourteen (14) working days from first appearance.
- Applicants must include reliable phone numbers for effective communication.
- All Applicants who will not be invited for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
- Please note that phone calls or any kind of soliciting for these positions by applicants or relatives will automatically lead to disqualification.
- All applications should be sdelivered to:
SENIOR MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCE,
TANESCO – DAR ES SALAAM OFFICE,
UMEME PARK – UBUNGO,
P. O BOX 9024,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Download and Application Link